To provide a range of cultural, social, artistic, technological and sports activities as appropriate for all students. Student activities shall be designed to discover students’ talents, develop their skills and help them acquire different kinds of knowledge that build their personalities and protect them from the risks which they may encounter. Student activities are provided in a safe environment that allows them to adapt to university life and society.
To seek to promote student activities towards becoming the main outlet for students to highlight their talents and develop their various skills..
The objectives of student activities programs :
- To introduce students to the characteristics of the Muslim community; support the role of the university youth in achieving the society’s and nation’s ideals.
- Properly prepare the university student in intellectual, physical and social aspects through practicing activities in various fields.
- Enhance students’ capability to develop an urge to read, absorb knowledge and broaden their horizons so that their literacy is not confined to specialized books but goes further to include lectures, seminars, research and competitions; thus, youths’ personalities are formed according to the values and teachings of our Muslim society.
- Help university students to adapt to their new environment and the group of student colleagues; enhance coordination among members of the group of students; increase their ability to establish good relations, adopt a human attitude towards other student colleagues, and improve human relations through collective cooperation in the course of their university life.
- Conscious interaction with the global cultural developments and human knowledge; take advantage of them according to the teachings of Islam.
- Satisfy the desires and urges of students through educational and pedagogical oriented practices; benefiting from the university sports facilities.
- Raise sports awareness, sports culture and health education among students.
- Contribute in building the comprehensive student’s personality; prepare students to assume responsibility, take the initiative, assume leadership roles, build self-esteem and the spirit of volunteerism; promote patriotism and the sense of belonging to the homeland and the nation.
The areas of Extracurricular Activities:
Cultural activities include public lectures, seminars, open meetings, student clubs, competitions, the university theater and cultural festivals..
Social activities include public service programs, trips, visits, social welfare, research and social science field research.
Arts activities include the organization and implementation of the following activities:
Drawing competition, handicraft competition, Arabic calligraphy competition, photography competition, university theater competition, professional and traditional exhibitions.
It includes the College tournament games in football, basketball, handball, volleyball, five-a-side football, tennis, table tennis, billiards, swimming, as well as local and foreign participations.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Dammam participated in the International Conference on Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management. The two-days conference was attended by speakers from all over the world. The first session provided a comprehensive view on security. The second session highlighted the advanced methods for the management of disaster and crisis. The third session addressed global variables: causes, repercussions and solutions. The fourth session focused on the central role of media in the management of crises and disasters. The fifth session addressed the challenges and solutions of the crises recovery phase.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Riyadh held an informative lecture on students’ rights and obligations. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Majed, Assistant to the Head of the Medical Laboratories Department. The lecture aimed at raising students’ awareness of their academic rights and the services they are entitled to. They were also informed of how to obtain these rights and the responsible entity for providing those services. Students were also acquainted with their obligations towards the College.
- Under the patronage of the College Dean, the Extracurricular Activities Committee of Al-Ghad International Colleges for Applied Medical Sciences in Al Madinah Al Munnawarah organized a scientific lecture on Zika virus. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Mohamed Shaalan who is a lecturer at the Emergency Medicine Department. The lecture was enlightening and informative based on the attendees’ views.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Tabuk participated in the TEDx Conference held at Tabuk University. The TEDx event is known as the most inspiring event. It is an international conference aiming at presenting the youth’s successful experiences in scientific and commercial aspects, as well as skills development and share other students’ remarkable knowledge. The event was held under the patronage and organization of Prince Fahd bin Sultan for studying youth issues and their development. It’s worth mentioning that “TED” TED is a non-profit organization devoted to spreading and sharing ideas in communities around the world under the motto “Ideas worth spreading”.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Jeddah participated in the Seventh Conference on Emergency Medicine Updates at Intercontinental Hotel in Taif. The Conference was held under the Ministry of Health’s supervision represented in King Abdulaziz Specialist Hospital in Taif and in collaboration with King Faisal Specialist Hospital and the Research Center in Riyadh. The conference was held under the patronage of HE Dr. Maatoq bin Mohamed Al-asseimy, General Manager of Health Affairs in Taif.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Najran organized a CPR workshop. A specialist lecturer in this topic delivered valuable information regarding the subject. The explanation was supported through videos showing the correct procedures for performing CPR. A lot of students participated in this workshop and raised questions which were replied by the lecturer.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Al-Qassim participated in the Professions Week in collaboration with Al-Qassim University for 3 days. Saudi companies and organizations which constitute a large share of the Saudi workforce are invited to attend this event to present their job vacancies, training opportunities, introduce their activities and contributions in developing our beloved nation. This event is invested by the College to raise its male and female student awareness about professions. It is also an occasion for them to get familiar to the Saudi labor force and its employment opportunities.
- A forum on the protection of GCC consumers
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Abha participated in a forum on the occasion of the International Nurses Day at the Military Hospital. The forum was held under the patronage of the General Director of the Military Hospital in Khamis Meshait. The Military Hospital held a scientific conference on the occasion of celebrating the International Nurses Day. Dr. Mohamed Al-Shaloul, Vice Dean of Al-Ghad International College participated with two working papers, one of them addressed the obstacles for using scientific research outcomes in the practical aspects for male and female nurses in Aseer Region. The other paper addressed the university students’ knowledge-related aspects about diabetes in Saudi Arabia and Jordan. At the conclusion, Dr. Mohamed Al-Shaloul was honored for his participation in the Conference. Pictures were taken to commemorate this occasion.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Dammam participated in the Health Awareness Day at Al-Rashid Mall.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Riyadh visited Riyadh’s Traffic Unit. During the visit, students were briefed on Riyadh’s advanced traffic technology which was employed to deal with the vehicle traffic flow using an electronic management system. Students watched a live show of the traffic management system at one of the large city squares through high quality resolution cameras.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Al-Qassim conducted a virtual evacuation drill in collaboration with the Civil Defense and the Saudi Red Crescent. The rehearsal of the fire drill was practiced to evacuate the entire occupants of the College building. The objective of the drill was to ensure preparedness and the adoption of good practices in emergency situations, as well as the good condition of safety equipment at all the building’s facilities.
- Under the patronage of the College Dean, the Extracurricular Activities Committee of Al-Ghad International Colleges for Applied Medical Sciences in Al Madinah Al Munnawarah, organized a practical session on the 6th level of emergency medicine which addressed car accidents. The session was supervised by Dr. Abdel Moneim Shoshan.
- Al-Ghad International Colleges for Applied Medical Sciences in Tabuk participated with the National Committee responsible for caring after the prisoners, their families and the released prisoners (Trahum) in its cultural, scientific and health awareness program for Tabouk Region prisoners who are imprisoned in the General Prison.
- Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Jeddah participated in the Introductory Meeting of the National Project for Combatting Drugs. The event was held under the patronage of HRH Prince Khalid bin Faisal Bin Abdulaziz, Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. The event took place at Hilton Hotel in Jeddah through the cooperation with and initiatives from large companies in the Kingdom including Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), Al Ahly Bank, Abdul Latif Jameel, and Sabq; in addition to ministries and government entities such as the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Labor; as well as all military sections in the Kingdom.